The Cross Insurance Center wants you, and everyone attending the event, to enjoy their time. We want to be as friendly and accommodating to cosplayers as possible. We appreciate every second and moment that is put into your cosplay attire, but we have to make sure that everyone who attends the event has a safe and enjoyable experience as well.
Please review this cosplay weapon policy for details:
- Everyone attending the event is subject to a safety screening.
- All costume props and weapons must be inspected by Cross Insurance Center security.
- All costume props and weapons must also conform to state and federal law.
- No functional props or weapons are allowed in the Cross Insurance Center for the event
- Any projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable
- Lightsabers and wands
- Unstrung bows and arrows (must have foam or no tip)
- Shields of all materials with no sharp edges
- Lightweight plastic bats, staffs and brooms
- Whips (must be zip tied or otherwise attached to your person)
- Swords constructed of light foam, plastic, or cardboard
- Other items made from cardboard, foam, rubber, and likewise lightweight materials
- Sci-fi related guns are allowed (e.g. Portal Guns, blasters, phasers, etc)
- These MUST NOT resemble real world guns
- They MUST be inoperable and cannot launch projectiles
Prohibited Items (including, but not limited to):
- Realistic and replica firearms of any kind
- Glass or stone props
- Projectile weapons or ones that can launch anything (e.g. slingshots)
- Brass knuckles
- Real, replica, or simulated explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: Simulated bomb vests, cartoon bombs, bullets, hand grenades, claymore mines, firecrackers, pepper spray, mace, powder caps
- Metal or wood swords and other sharp-edged weapons
- Excessively noisy props
- Including but not limited to airhorns, bullhorns, whistles
- Any Other Items Deemed Inappropriate by Arena Personnel
· The Cross Insurance Center will not check or store any of the above prohibited items
*The Cross Insurance Center retains the right to change this policy at any time and to refuse access to any guest that does not follow any/all facilities regulations. Guests must also abide by the regulations of the Cross Insurance Center Security & Bag Policy. All policies can be found at CrossInsuranceCenter.com under Venue Policies. Please contact the Main Office for any additional questions. The Main Office is located in the Hammond Lumber Company Entrance Lobby of the venue, open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can reach the Cross Insurance Center Main Office at 207.561.8300.