PLEASE NOTE: The City Clerk’s Office is temporarily located at the Cross Insurance Center for in-person transactions. Access the Clerk’s Office at the Southwest Entrance of the Cross Insurance Center, which is off of Buck Street. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The last hour of business, from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. is reserved for in-person Absentee Voting and Voter Registration only.
VOTER REGISTRATION & ELECTIONS
The General and Municipal Elections will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. All voters will vote at the Cross Insurance Center. Voting will be split into two sections of the building. Voters with last names beginning with the letters A – L will vote in the arena and will enter the building through the Southwest Entrance. Voters with last names beginning with M – Z will vote in the ballroom located in the conference center in the front of the building. These voters will enter the building at the rotunda entrance located at the corner of Main and Buck Streets. Polls will be open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Due to Covid-19 the City encourages residents to vote absentee for the safety of both the voters and election workers and to avoid standing in long lines on Election Day. Early In-Person Absentee Voting will take place at the Cross Insurance Center, Monday – Friday, beginning October 13, 2020 and ending on October 30, 2020. Voting hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM October 13th – October 29th. Voting hours for October 30, 2020 will be 8:00 am to 5:00 PM.
Voters may also vote absentee at the City Clerk’s office at the Cross Insurance Center between 8:00 am and 5:30 pm or request an absentee ballot be mailed to them by calling the City Clerk’s office at 992-4220, requesting one through the State’s on-line service or by submitting a written application. Check the status of your absentee ballot request by clicking here.
The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot by phone, written request or electronically is Thursday, October 29, 2020. The deadline for in-person absentee voting is Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Residents are encouraged to update their voter registration information or register to vote with the City Clerk’s office prior to Election Day to help reduce lines.
All Bangor voters vote at the Cross Insurance Center, 515 Main Street, Bangor.
Did you know… you can ride on the Community Connector bus for free to the Cross Insurance Center to vote on Election Day? The Hampden bus can get you there and back. The Hampden bus departs Pickering Square at :15 past the hour and will arrive at the Cross Insurance Center at :23 past the hour. To return to downtown Bangor, riders can ride the bus from Hollywood Casino (across the street from the Cross Insurance Center). The bus is in the Hollywood Casino vicinity around :55 past the hour heading towards downtown Bangor. Just make sure to inform the bus driver that you will be going to vote and returning from voting and your ride will be free.
Besides Election Day, Bangor voters can vote early by absentee ballot by requesting a ballot be sent by mail, or in person at the City Clerk’s office now through October 9th. Applications for an absentee ballot are available at the City Clerk’s office, on line at the Secretary of State’s website or by calling the City Clerk’s office. The City Clerk’s office will relocate from City Hall to the Cross Insurance Center from October 13, 2020 through November 3, 2020.
Early In-Person Absentee Voting will be held at the Cross Insurance Center beginning October 13, 2020 through October 30, 2020, Monday through Friday. Voting hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM each day except October 30, 2020. Hours for October 30th are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot electronically, by written request or telephone is Thursday, October 29th. The deadline for in person absentee voting is Friday, October 30th at 5:00 PM.
Election Day voting is held at the Cross Insurance Center, 515 Main Street. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Voter Registration is available for new voters or for existing Bangor voters to change their address or name as follows:
- At the Cross Insurance Center on Election Day
- At the City Clerk’s office during regular business hours – The City Clerk’s office will relocate to the Cross Insurance Center from October 13, 2020 through November 3, 2020. No voting will take place at City Hall during this time.
To request an absentee ballot:
- call the City Clerk’s office at 992-4222
- write the City Clerk, 73 Harlow St., Bangor
- visit the City Clerk’s office during regular business hours
- electronically, click here Please note this service is available only to current registered voters
To expedite your application, consider using the online absentee ballot application administered by the Secretary of State. This service is only available during State and Federal Elections.
- All media requests for events must be approved by Lisa Goodwin (City Clerk of Bangor) and the Cross Insurance Center (CIC) in advance of the event.
- All media personnel that will be in attendance need to be listed and confirmed by the CIC prior to the event (or at least made aware of potential reporters, staff, etc).
- Any additional equipment needs must also be filed with the Cross Insurance Center with at least 48 hours notice of prior to the event (must be notified by Friday, October 30th at 12:00 p.m. for additional equipment needs on November 3rd).
- Appropriate identification must be worn at all times while at the CIC when covering the event.
- All visitors are expected to adhere to the Security Policy set in place by the Cross Insurance Center.
- Any questions or information pertaining to the CIC should be directed to venue management.
- Failure to adhere to any or all of the information listed above may result in not being allowed admittance to the venue and having credentials revoked.
- For any questions, concerns, or to coordinate a media appearance at the Cross Insurance Center, please contact Bryan Stackpole, Marketing Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.561.8312/207.610.9201 (C))